Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hmmmmmmmmmm....Trying to overcome the writer's block!

( I scribbled this piece on my note pad on an afternoon when severely hit by writers block....I kept writing what ever came to my mind....you never know who can play your muse!)
Photograph -Sudz
...here is a blank page and it tells me to write.....I look at it...hard.....thinking.....what should I write?  You tell me what I should write I ask the blank page......it smiles(blank page smiling???? am I going nuts).....but it does smile....with all it's crisp, whiteness......and says don't you know what I want you to write?.....now don't you play with me white, blank page.....don't you flirt with me ..I am warning you......with that herowallah smile and question( yeah! question is included too)...what's wrong with the question? you ask me....everything is wrong with the question, I say..It has a flirty edge, if you insist on knowing...and very unbecoming.....you are hardly herowallah...you are just a blank page.......what if I tear you into pieces just  this minute?...that would be the end of you....you are smiling?...no, actually you are laughing.....at me? You are daring me, are you?  Actually I am, tells me the blank page still that laughter trailing it's eyes, if you tear me our story never gets written....mazza toh tab ayee jab saap bhi mar jayee aur lathi bhi na tute.....it tells....think, think, think.....may be that is the way you can overcome your writer's block or laziness.....whatever syndrome you choose to name it! How will you undo my blank page! It asks as I pick up my pen.....ok, blank page I take up the challenge......A broad smile comes over the blank page as it asks, friends then? .....yeah! friends, I tell...okkkkk it says excitedly, as the tip of the pen archs on it,, just one thing more! I stop  looking enquiringly....Be careful, it cautions, I hate bad  language, spelling mistakes and careless punctuation errors... blank page this is too much.....oh! it's much, much, it tells ....I am almost hearing it hum, barbadiyo ka jashn manata chala gaya while I write....what a musical page you are....Madam, have you noticed you have undone quite a bit of me already.......I am no more a blank page entirely.......Now I am a page full of crap.....and not to mention the bad hand writing that comes with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment